Daily Prompt: Clean House 29|9
by michelle w.
Is there “junk” in your life? What kind? How do you get rid of it? Photographers, artists, poets: show us JUNK. Thanks for the great idea, Rebecca! Please note that comments are always closed on daily prompts. Pingbacks are always enabled; if you link to the prompt post on your blog, a link to your […]
I have spent the past few hours going through assorted Pinterest storage options, for a number of weeks now i have felt like i was being suffocated by my craft items, and i have only just taken the hobby back up again.
I do most of my crafting sitting on the lounge, so have an array of objects Everywhere i look that need to just be stored, as i don’t use a lot of them all of the time.
- Books – Diaries, Smash Books, La De Dah books, Amy Tangerine Day Books.
- Photo Albums, Scrapbooking Albums, Project Life.
- Photos | Memorabilia – that are in boxes that need to go into a project life album.
- Boxes – Assorted Craft odds and ends, that i use for smashing.
- I got rid of most of my crafting stuff last year before leaving WA, but i did end up keeping my stamping box, and have since brought a little set of drawers that i keep my washi tape in.
- Baskets & Jars – I love the look of white baskets and Clear Glass Jars with blackboard labels on them for the little things.
I need a way of corralling it all into one area. Now my biggest problem is the fact that we have a relatively small space to work with, a combined living / dining room, and we are renting a Treadmill and Bike.
I love the Shabby Chic / Vintage craft look, so thats the look i am ultimately going for.
Fortunately for me i have a large hutch that i can use for the top of something. I love the details on it, just hope that it will fit my albums in.
I have an old Secretary Desk but i have found in the past that for craft things its quite awkward to store anything at the bottom, but the insert part of it does have possibilities for small storage of tags and things.
I did see a small cupboard at a local store the other day, but dismissed it, perhaps i will have a second look at it, and see if i can convert it for my needs. Actually come to think of it there where two of them, one on the pricey side, and the other more affordable.
*Amended to add – The cupboard was sold, so still need to keep an eye out for something else.
- Daily Prompt: Clean House 29|9 (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- The Daily Prompt~ Junk (aliceandmolly.com)
- Clean House (sajeevkmenon.wordpress.com)
- What rubbish! (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Clean House (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Resolving Junk (sognagrandezza.wordpress.com)
- Cleaning up the “Junk”…..or atleast trying! (lifeconfusions.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Clean House (bloobloons.wordpress.com)
- How To Clean The House With Your Spouse And Keep Your Self-Respect! (josephrathjen.wordpress.com)
- Cleaning out my closet (suhaaandiaries.wordpress.com)