I found this Recipe for Creamy Pork & Vegetables on the Thermomix Recipe Community. Original Recipe
I started off making it in the ThermoWhizz but due to the volume of extra Vegetables I added ended up switching it over to the Jamie Oliver HomeCooker. Oh my it was incredible I think i will be making the broth again with some chopped up veggies and pearl barley, will be an amazing winter soup.
- Noted to add i omitted the mushrooms & also the Green Beans. So this is a mashup of the Pork and Vegetable (both omitted when making this recipe) Recipe that i made with added extras. I cooked for 40 minutes In the Jamie Oliver HomeCooker (1st on speed 110 for 20 minutes and then for 175 for another 20minutes with some more wine, cream and a splash of Lemonade)
Pearl Barley Broth
• 1 Onion, quarterd
• A sprinkle of Pine Nuts
• 6 small cooking apples
• Pearl Barley
• 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only (i used a pinch of the gourmet garden ones as well as some basil and ginger).
• 2 cloves garlic
• A small amount each of coriander seeds, Pepper, salt, Chicken salt.
• 30 g olive oil
• 30 g white wine
• 180 g cream
• 1 tbsp TMX vegetable stock concentrate (i used a splash of Chicken Stock) but because it’s a broth more can be added.
• 100 g water.
- Place onion, garlic, parsley, mixed herbs, Spices, pine nuts in . Chop 4 seconds/speed 7 (did this twice as not all of the apple was cut up).
- Add oil and cook 3 minutes//100 deg/speed 1
- Water, stock, cream and wine & Pearl Barley and cook 20 minutes/100 deg//speed 2. Cook longer if vegetables are not tender.
Because this doesn’t have the added vegetables of the original Pork and Vegetable recipe it should fit into the Jug.