Golden Nugget Parmy
No set amount as its just what was in the fridge.
- Diced Chicken
- Greek Yogurt
- Grated Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Chilli Oil
- Vegetable oil (i would omit this)
- Baby Bocconcini
- Mixed Vegetables
- Tomato puree sauce (a satchet that i found in the freezer).
Ok so when the pantry and fridge is down to it’s last little bits one has to get a little inventive.
- I started with the thought in mind of making chicken parmigiana, only to discover that i had two very small chicken breasts when i needed three. I blended breadcrumbs, grated cheese and coriander leaves in the thermomix, in a separate dish i added the left over greek yogurt and then rolled the now diced up chicken in it, and the breadcrumbs and fried in the frypan (Jack came home at this stage and added vegetable oil grr)!.
- So whilst i defrosted the bacon that was in the freezer.
- I made up a tomato base with a punnet of cherry tomatoes and chilli oil in a large saucepan. I added onion to the tomato mix.
- I decided to put the chicken nuggets into a baking dish in the hope that it hadn’t soaked all of the vegtable oil into it and topped it with the tomato mix, and added ripped up baby Bocconchi to the top.
- Meanwhile i put some mixed vegetables onto boil, and had totally forgotten all about the Bacon in the microwave, so took that out chopped it up and added it to the top of the chicken nuggets and tomatoes.
- Serve with the Mixed Vegetables and top with a spoon of the puree sauce.