I had a comment this morning in regards to Project Life.
‘I was thinking of getting into Project Life what are your thoughts is it expensive and addictive?’
Thank you Jackie for asking the question,
The best place to find out anything Project Life is via the Becky Higgins Website.
I started by buying a Kit and Album at my local Spotlight store. There are a HUGE amount of kits and albums available now, and so many options that it may at first seem all very overwhelming. So i recommend start small. It’s as simple as selecting your photos and adding them to a plastic sleeve.
You can also find free Project Life Printables on Pinterest and there are quite a lot of Groups on Facebook as well that sell ½ or ¼ kits at reduced prices.
It’s what you make it, you can treat it like a mini scrapbooking page and add embellishments or you can go minimal and just have a photo and journaling. Adding Embellishments can add up but you can find things around the home, especially if you have other craft type hobbies that you can use on the cards / photos like sewing on them or adding stickers and buttons.
I have made several 12×12 Albums (Project 365 type albums, Family History (one for jack and his side of the family, one for my side, a few for angel, and one for me) etc) and smaller albums for December Daily / Christmas, 30 days of thankful. Thats the fun part, getting those photos out of those really old albums and boxes that you have been storing away in the bottom of the cupboard and getting them into a book for family and friends to relive the memories with you. Angel loves to sit and look through them.
I did a post a few days ago about not over thinking things, to just start.
It is really addictive, but so much fun.
There are so many great phone apps that cane be used to alter photos and add text. My go-to’s are:
- PROJECT LIFE: I use the Project Life App and thats really easy to make pages that can be printed.
- LITTLE MOMENTS: Most of the photos that i take are based on Fat Mum Slim’s Photo a Day Prompts and it’s great for when you are doing Project Life on a Weekly Basis..
- RHONNA FARR: Both the Rhonna and RD Magic Apps are great to quickly alter photos and add design Elements.
- A BEAUTIFUL MESS: Another great app, to add quotes etc to photos.
- COLLECT: I highly recommend this great app, its essentially a Calendar that you add the days photos into, it puts it into a 3×4 polaroid picture with the date and any text that you want to include. These look really great printed (2 fit on a 6×4 page and just cut down and add to plastic Project Life Sleeves).
- WORD SWAG: This is only a recent addition to my list, but i have to say i am loving the look of the photos that i have used with this and the amount of configurations that can be created with it.
Others are Candy Cam, Enlight, PicsPlay, Candy Camera, Light Trail, PShootselphie, QuoteMe, Faded, Typic, Studio, LetterGlow, PS Express, Instablend PhotoshopMix, Picdesign
more can be found by searching PROJECT LIFE on my blog.