Stuffed Apple & Cherry Chicken
Spent ages trying to work out what to have for dinner tonight, I know i am on the Michelle Bridges Programme and that there is a set menu, but when cooking for the three of us i don’t always stick to what the programme menu is when doing a family meal.
We brought the Butterflied Chicken at woolworths on special and Jack was just going to cook it as it was. But we had a few items that had to be used up like the cherries, so i said lets use up some of the other things like the cashews / Walnuts etc.
- 1 already Butterflied Chicken. This was a preprepared raw chicken with a marinade already on it, we washed the marinaded off because it was quite spicy.
- Herbs / Spices: Pizza Topping Spice, Mixed Spice.
- Stuffing: A mixture of Cashews, Walnuts,Currants, Mixed Fruit, Apple, Breadcrumbs.
- Cherries (these have been soaking in wine for a couple of days from our meal on Friday Night).
- Mix the stuffing together in a Blender / Thermo Machine or by hand.
- Turn the chicken on its back and fill the middle with the Stuffing and top with cherries.
- Turn over.
- Tie the chicken with Twine.
- Turn over, Cover with the Spice Mix.
- Put into a baking tray and then in the oven on 180C for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Cook Vegetables of choice to accompany the chicken dish. We are having a stifry mix cooked in the Jamie Oliver.
- Also ended up making a Gravy using a gravy mix, left over cherry juice from the jar of cherries and Pomegranate Juice.
This meal was OUTSTANDING!.