50 Questions you should ask and answer
Rosy Cheeks & Muddy Feet shared this great list from The Samantha Show about the 50 Questions you should ask and answer, i have done similar things before and much of my book that i wrote and published last year has similar questions.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Mum used to always call me Nicole. Dad Called me Nikki Nic. Jack calls me Cole or Colee. Angel calls me Mum. But these days i prefer to go by Nic which many people where calling me online anyway, so now i use it all of the time except for banking, Mail etc.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Jimmy Barnes – Working Class Boy, Michelle Bridges – Make it happen. I have quite a few that i have brought from the book fair each year that i plan to read and haven’t yet. Back in the day i used to read all of the time. These days i spend more time on my phone. I don’t even use iBooks anymore.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I like to scribble in notebooks, make messy art and have fun, though i don’t do it all that often. Looking forward to doing more of this now that i have started collecting the Travellers Notebooks.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I spend a lot of time awake. The Fan needs to be on, and I need three blankets… I know crazy.. If Jack’s home I read on my phone, I do sometimes get up and watch tv, still no sleep i get up and have a shower or a bath. When jack’s on Night Shift, I stay up a little longer, then I will do a meditation, if I still cant sleep I have a shower.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
I spend a lot of time alone anyway so I guess it wouldn’t phase me. A good internet connection & YouTube would be great. Although if i was allowed to have a book I would finally be able to read one listed above.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
OMG… Yes I have them going all the way back to when I was a teenager. I actually spent some time a few months ago going through them and adding them to my expandable accordion file according to Years or Family Member. The ones from people i talk to online have gone in with memorabilia.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
ME… I keep everything.. I they where to make an episode of hoarders x’ed with clean house they would find me. Old cards, letters, books, photos, jamie oliver cooking untencils.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I am a slip in and sit quietly on my own type of girl. Mind you it’s been about 5 years since i even went to a party. If it’s people i know most of the time i have a camera in my hand and snap away.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
Probably my sense of smell, being an asthmatic / hay fever, allergic to grass & dust, i tend to smell smoke a lot. I wouldn’t mind giving it up as it causes me great anxiety.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Rarely. I am a very big girl, and i feel very self conscious so I hate looking in the mirror. When i do catch myself, i really dislike who i see.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That the hospital where i was born was now a cinema, turns out that no it’s now an Old Age Home.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
COFFEE…. It’s more a lifeline, than a guilty pleasure.
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Both Jack & Angel are always doing nice things for others. Me i tend not to “people” these days, its easier.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I mostly read our local paper online, but mostly just the headlines or articles that have our daughter in them.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Snakes, Doesn’t help that I had a dream about them a few nights ago, where i woke up in a panic, took me a few hours to actually settle my nerves down afterwards.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Depends on who it’s with, i am when home i am as Jack would say a red-headed firecracker. i get on my high horse and go off my nut at things that make me angry, namely jack’s work and Angel being bullied. I have had full on online wars with stupid people who think they are entitled to insult my family.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
I was recently subjected to being Fat Shamed online by a young girl, I wrote about it on my Facebook page and had so many amazing comments from Family and friends, it means so much to me that people feel so highly about me.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
How much i care for those that i love.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yes i like to have my own routine. In the morning i will check my planner, emails, have my breakfast, vitamins, etc. I watch the same tv shows everyday I use the TiffXO weightloss site for meal planing. In the evening i will set my planner onto my table with the vitamins, a bottle of water and a glass..
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
HAHA yep.. I have champagne taste on a cider budget. I love pretty things.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Most days I do. With a bad back and being overweight I struggle to do a lot of physical exercise. I have surprised myself by doing 20k+ thousand steps in day. I have walked up a shot tower, and for someone scared of heights & a fear of falling down stairs that was a huge victory. I did the day before i turned 40 walk up a huge steep hill, thought i was going to die, but i did it.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
I would say that 95% are acquaintances, Even the few close friends i had when i was younger I don’t talk to much. Jack is my best friend.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
I would rather let others do it..
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
Most days are strange experiences..
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
I spend a great deal of time thinking about my weight. In-fact way too much time.
26. What’s something that amazes you?
How awesome i am.. hahahahaha. I am amazed that i am able to get up each day and live the life i live.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
If someone has a problem with me i would prefer to know and why they do. I have no idea as to why some people have a problem with me, but i guess thats not my problem it’s theirs.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
We don’t normally have out of town guests, but last year we had a guy from the US come over and took him to Cradle Mountain.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
We pay to get our lawns done, we use hire cars regularly, we have our vegetables delivered and also every couple of months our groceries.
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
Not really. i like to quote things from various movies though.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
If someone believes in something it is their belief, it isn’t mine to judge. I believe in lots of things too and people probably see me as a nut job.
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
I am not at uni or any sort of educational school, but i do many online classes a year. I like to set up a notebook for the class i am doing and as i am watching the video’s or going through the class notes i like to take notes.
33. What position do you sleep in?
Either on my back or facing towards the door.
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
I love my “Homeland” of Melbourne, even after so many years of not living there i miss it. It’s on the Bucketlist to go back, and even though we only live in Tasmania, and often get shops and things come up when looking for things online as it is in some instances closer than Hobart. It will always hold a very special place in my heart. To me no mater where i live Melbourne will always be home.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
I tend not to gather new people, i avoid it rather than encourage friendships. i know it sounds crazy and yes often times i live a very lonely isolated life. but if i had to i would say that 1. They would have to have a sense of humour, 2. Be interested in the same or similar things to me, 3.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
I was the 2nd born of 4, but my brother was stillborn, so i was the 1st born. It was only recently that i realised that i was my parents Rainbow Baby. After me is my sister and then my brother, i also have a step brother & stepsister on mums side and a step brother on dad’s side. So a very big family. With me being the eldest of them all.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
I would love to be able to get up off the couch and work out everyday, but for some reason i feel like i am unable to do it. its like this invisible forcefield stopping me from going over to the other side of the room and doing a workout. its crazy..
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
That i am not sure of… I have several and whilst i would love to have them back in my life, I don’t want to risk getting hurt again. So it’s best to leave it the way it is.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
To be honest it is something that i have discussed with Jack, bust as for names i have no idea what i would change it too. He changed his first and surname when he was younger, and then when we met he changed his surname again.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
Depends on what the circumstances are. These days i am of the opinion thats it’s easier not to know what the problem is, i get into less trouble that way.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
When people trash talk me. I hate it..
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Most days i feel like i have failed i came across a quote on Facebook overnight, and this is often how i feel like i am just going from day to day..
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologise?
I tend to once been upset by a person not speak to them again. To the point where i have to block all communication with them, and even coming across them on other social media sites i have to block them..
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
I tend not to trust too many people now a-days as I have been burnt way too many times.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
I am probably the most immature with Jack, we have a tendency to encourage each others stupid sides.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
Just this morning that Jack has been passed out and can drive trains on his own again. After a year of confusion, Dr’s appointments and 6 weeks re-training he has been approved to go back out on track on his own.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
99% of the time i will offend someone even without trying. It’s become a hobby now, and quite frankly i don’t care anymore.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
Jack, we from the first moment clicked. If we are thinking about each other we will email and the other usually does it at the same time.. We finish each others sentences.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
In the car to Keith Urban or Ed Shereen