What do you do to pamper yourself?
Things that I do / need to do for myself.
- Breathing exercises: My apple watch and Fitbit both have breathing exercises on them. There are also heaps of apps out now that you can find.
- Candles & Oils: These also help with a little pampering.
- Coffee: When Jack is Home we try and have at least one coffee date together. I so look forward to these little dates at our local coffee shop.
- Fresh Flowers: I love flowers around the house, doesn’t help with my allergies, but they are so pretty.
- Going to bed early: I am a real night owl and struggle with this.
- Journalling: For a while i was doing this and for some reason i stopped.
- Listen to music: Much like meditation this can be very helpful when not being able to sleep. Or just sitting alone when nothing is on TV chuck on some YouTube and create a playlist of your favourite songs.
- Long Bath: Something the that i have to do after everyone has gone to bed, or it’s constant interruptions, even by the pets. there is no peace at all.
- Meditation: Mostly when i can’t sleep / Now Jack’s not here more often than not.
- Read: I have a couple of really good Meditation books.
- Self Care: I struggle with “Self Care”, I am a look after everyone else and forget about looking after me kind of person. Since i have had Wunderlist i have been doing a weekly self care Ritual – Taking care of me (See below)
- Talking to a friend: I know this probably doesn’t feel like something that you would think is pampering, but being able to talk to another person is very therapeutic.
- Walking: This is something that i need to do more. I am so looking forward to moving into the new house.
- WorkingOut: Tiffxo / 28 / MB12WBT. Your Workout of choice
- Yoga: Though this is not something that i always do because of my bad back i have found that this is great for relaxation.
SELF Care Day Friday’s
My hair is awful at the moment, it just feels like straw and has so many knots.
Usually my nails are quite long, but they seem to be all breaking.
This is something i have really been struggling with recently), and i have noticed since i stopped drinking water my face has broken out in pimples and a rash. So i need to make more of a conscious effort to drink more water.
(Long Shower) SHOWER / WASH HAIR / Shave / Brush teeth:
Just getting time to do this, without interruption is pampering in itself.
I have made a not to buy some moisturiser and put it on moving and night.
Pick an Outfit:
Because i tend to just wear basic clothes, each day, there are some days where i just want to put on something nice but comfortable even if i am not going out.
Put on Jewellery:
I normally wear my Love heart necklace, and a toe ring on each foot. Apple watch, FitBit and Michael Kors Tracker, but i don’t always wear my wedding rings or other Jewellery.