A list of ten things that always cheers you up when you’re down.
A list of 10 things that always cheers you up when you’re down.
- Go to bed at a reasonable time. I tend to want to stay up later and later, especially if I am binge watching a show. I try and go to bed around 11pm, as my alarm for Angel goes off between 6:30am – 7am. I would love to be able to get 8 hours sleep, but with a new puppy, a crazy cat that thinks waking me up at 3am is fun, and a teenager who won’t set her own alarms for school, it’s very rare and far between to even get 6 hours.
- A relaxing bath. I do this a couple of times a week to just re-engergise myself. A long shower also helps. Yes i take my phone with me, but i used to and should start taking a book.
- Meditation. I try and do a short (if i can’t sleep a longer one) meditation each day. even if it’s just sitting a for a few minutes in the quiet. 2 minute breathing exercises are also helpful. Do you have a go to app?. I have tried so many and can’t find one that i really enjoy. I am also thinking of trying Podcasts, can you recommend any?
- Getting off Social Media. This is need to do more of. I have taken a bit of a break today so i can work on my blog, turning off Facebook, with only select notifications coming through to my phone.
- A coffee. Now this probably isn’t recommended by those that advocate health & wellness. But i find for me this is my down time. A bottle of water or a pot of tea also works.
- A good book or Magazine. I am addicted to home magazines and have been buying the HomeLife ones when they come out each quarter, such a good read and the photos are stunning, my other regular magazine is Homes+, it’s real, relatable and attainable.
- A clean house. Now i have to laugh at this one, because currently my house is a sty. there are boxes everywhere and i am positive that this is the reason for my mood being the way it is.
- Your favourite Tv Shows. Losing myself in another world such as that of Kings and Queens on The White Queen / Princess, the quirky goings on in offspring etc.
- A trip to Kmart. Jack & Angel call this my happy place. Its been a few weeks since i last went, and i probably need a fix by now.
- “Why don’t you Just Dance”. Angel was away on the weekend, and i put on a YouTube play list and sat and listened to some of my favourite music. It was very therapeutic.
For those suffering with depression and anxiety i urge you to contact a professional such as