One little word
This is something I have been pondering on for the past month or so. But so far no particular word has come to me as one that will stick for a year.
Below are the previous words I’ve used.
(Search one little word on here and you will find many previous posts).
- 2017 // Believe
- 2016 // Focus
- 2015 // Love
- 2014 // Journey
- 2013 // Be
- 2012 // Write
- 2011 // Capture
- 2010 // New
- 2009 // Create
I can’t believe that this year is my 10th year / word.
In that time
- we moved from the barn we built to a bigger country town
- both of my parents passed away
- we moved to Tasmania,
- and this year we moved to Melbourne.
- Jack changed jobs 3 times.
- I lost weight and I gained it back tenfold.
- Angel was in primary school and is now 16.
- My crafting has changed to the point where I no longer do it. I’ve scrapbooked, done Project Life, taken thousands of photos.
- Even blogging has pretty much stopped.
- Been on a cruise.
Connection with a word
- I have participated in the Ali Edwards OLW a couple of times and the biggest take away I have found is you need to make your word visible. In the past I have bought signs, jewellery. I have two small rocks with believe on them. Made crafting projects, a vision Board. Anything to remind you of your word on a day to day basis.
- Review and revisit your word over the year. Make a note in your planner to reflect on your word and the goals of that you want to achieve with it.
- Photograph your word. When out and about, see if you can find your word. Eg. light or space.
- Live your word. Travel, explore, have great adventures.
One little word 2018So as the last few days of 2017 fade into 2018 I will write a short list and think about what I want to bring into my life or let go of for the coming year. Have you got a word yet?